DEIB Sample Syllabus Statement
This statement was developed by the GenEd Student Success Course Committee and the Office of IDEIB.
It is of the utmost importance to create a learning environment where all identities are welcomed, supported, and honored. In this class, we will recognize, respect, and support a diverse range of thoughts, perspectives, and experiences in effort to honor and respect your identities (including, but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation/identity, neurodivergence, class, religion, age, mental/physical ability, socio-economic status, etc.)
To help accomplish this:
- We will establish community norms in the beginning of the semester to help create a safe and welcoming learning environment.
- If you use pronouns and/or a name which is different than what may be listed, please do not hesitate to inform me.
- If you are struggling outside the classroom and it is impacting your performance within the class, please connect with me so I can serve as a resource for you.
- If something said or done in class offends you, please feel encouraged and safe to connect with me so we may be able to address it.
- Utilize campus resources that are available to support you, including:
- Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) and the Writing Center
- The Counseling Center
- The Office of Accessibility Services
- The Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- PwC Center for Diversity and Inclusion, which includes: