Respondus Lockdown Browser
What is Respondus Lockdown Browser?
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system. It is useful if you want students to complete a secure online exam in a classroom or proctored environment.
- Integrates with Blackboard Learn
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and network monitoring applications
- Print, Print Screen and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
- Localized for multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese
- Supports screen readers
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS and other systems
Lockdown browser will be preinstalled on all laptops provided by Bryant University. For students or faculty who wish to install Lockdown browser on their machine, a link to Bryant’s configured installer can be found at the link below.
The Student Version of LockDown Browser uses a standard Windows or Mac installer. This download link is unique for your institution and can be used by faculty or students:
Installation Link: Lockdown Browser (Bryant University)