LockDown Browser and Monitor
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system. It is useful if you want students to complete a secure online exam in a classroom or proctored environment. If needed, it can be used in conjunction with Respondus Monitor, which adds “digital proctoring” during a test.
- Integrates with Blackboard Learn
- Blackboard Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Access to other applications and functions is blocked
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Localized for multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese
- Supports screen readers
- When this feature is enabled for a test, students are required to use a webcam and microphone with LockDown Browser.
- Uses student’s webcam and microphone to record testing environment during online, non-proctored tests
- Automated software analyzes and identifies activities that require instructor’s attention
- After the exam is complete, an instructor can review details of
the assessment, even the recorded videos.
- Prepare the assessment as you normally would in Blackboard, deploy the test, set the test options, THEN turn on Respondus
- Students need to have a stable network connection throughout the test; interruptions in network access could result in a failed test session
- Have students take an ungraded practice quiz that requires the use of LockDown Browser and/or Monitor, before the graded exam occurs. Leave this quiz available for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so students can access it again if they use a different computer.