AT BRYANT UNIVERSITY
This site will help you use Zoom more effectively to deliver safe and secure remote learning sessions.
Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities.
Every faculty, student and staff at Bryant has access to a licensed Zoom account which greatly expands the capabilities over the free Zoom account.
With a Bryant Zoom account, you can:
- Record class lectures to the cloud (which then get imported in Panopto for sharing with students)
- Host meetings with up to 300 participants
- SSO – Single Sign on with Bryant credentials
- HD video and voice
- Breakout Rooms
- and more!
- Create a Bryant Zoom Account
- Learn the Basics of Zoom
- Create an Always Available Zoom Meeting
- Getting started with Zoom Breakout Rooms
- Recover Pre-Assigned Breakout Rooms
- Meet Now vs Scheduled Meetings
- Add Zoom Meeting Link to Blackboard Course Menu
- Track Attendance in Zoom
- How to Upgrade Zoom Client
- Roles in a Zoom Meeting
- Educating Over Zoom
Zoom has put together a huge library of video tutorials that covers every major area of Zoom. You can access this video tutorial library here!
DAILY LIVE TRAINING
Zoom experts host free and interactive live-training webinars daily. Get up to speed in less than an hour. More details here!
Making the Most of Zoom: Tips & Tricks to Enhance Engagement in Remote Courses & Meetings
In this session, Professor Allison Butler will share some tips and tricks she’s learned for using Zoom features to maximize student engagement. Many of the strategies can be applied to remote meetings, as well. In addition, Allison will share her ideas for effective class communication, organization, and formative assessment when teaching remotely. Attendees will leave the session with a new set of Zoom skills and competencies that are very easy to implement.
Recording can be accessed here.