VoiceThread is a web-based application designed for people to have asynchronous conversation about shared digital media like images, videos, documents and presentations. Each VoiceThread discussion consists of slides – just like a presentation – and each slide contains a piece of digital media. These slides can be commented on by anyone with permission to access to the VoiceThread discussion.
With its interactive voice, video, and text functionalities, VoiceThread supports online presence for students to collaboratively and critically construct personal meaning through communication and reflection (Garrison, Anderson, & Archer, 2000).
- Cloud based so there is no software that needs to be installed.
- Accessible from any computer or web-browser. There is even a mobile app!
- Integrated into Blackboard and Canvas so no username or password to remember. Access it straight from the LMS!
- Integrated into Blackboard and Canvas so you can create VoiceThread (VT) assignments that link with the Grade Center.
- Secure with faculty and students having complete control over who can and cannot access their VoiceThreads.
- Bringing the human element to your online and hybrid courses!
- Add a VoiceThread Home Link to Your Blackboard Course
- Add a VoiceThread Home Link to Your Canvas Course
- Create a VoiceThread (Instructions the same for both Blackboard and Canvas)
- Create a VoiceThread Assignment in Blackboard
- Create a VoiceThread Assignment in Canvas
VOICETHREAD SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
VoiceThread has a number of training documents covering a vast number of topics.