3/27/2020 Updates to our Transition to Online Teaching Project
Blackboard: A reminder of the 24×7 services available to all students and faculty:
- By phone: 877-889-7773
- By email: email@example.com
- By web chat: https://chat.edusupportcenter.com/chat/websiteChat?short_name=bryant&key=bryant2217
Alternatives for Online Exams:
Rutgers University shares some ideas for remote exams at https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/resources-for-faculty/remote-exams-and-assessments/
You can pre-assign students to ZOOM Breakout Rooms
- Zoom Live Training Sessions (held twice a week)
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- Zoom Help Center – search ANY topic
- Zoom 24/7 Customer Support
A reminder that the Krupp Library offers:
- online access to databases e-books & streaming videos
- Reference help via email, chat & text
- Scheduled research consultations via online tools
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Scanning and accessing databases on campus
Secure Online Exams
Bryant faculty have access to Respondus Monitor, an automated proctoring system for online exams that works in conjunction with Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Stephen Payne has prepared a comprehensive step by step guide to creating, deploying, and securing an online Blackboard test.
- CTE has an updated resources page at https://cte.bryant.edu/lockdown-browser/
- Respondus offers regular online webinars for training at https://web.respondus.com/webinars/ and other resources at https://web.respondus.com/he/monitor/resources/.
- Bryant Information Services has created a comprehensive collection of support resources for working off-campus: https://is.bryant.edu/support/teaching-learning-and-working-remotely
- A new “Online Quick Guide” has been added at https://cte.bryant.edu/online-quick-guide/
- Individual consultations are available with Bonnie Budd, Michael Bennett, Ed Kairiss, Stephen Payne, and Matt Kreimeier.
- See the new FAQ here.
- All faculty are enrolled in Teaching Online in a Pinch; Students are enrolled in Learning Online in a Pinch. Both are accessed through Blackboard course list.
- ACUE also offers a free online short course – https://acue.org/online-teaching-toolkit/
- The above information is also referenced at http://cte.bryant.edu/continuity