How to Use a Panopto Quiz as a Blackboard Video Assessment
This documentation will go over the steps to embed Panopto content into Blackboard for your students and view the grades.
Embedding Panopto Content
- Open the course in which you would like to the Panopto Quiz
- Select Assignment from the course menu
- From the Build Content drop-down menu at the top of the page, select Panopto Quiz
- Name your assessment as you’d like
- Points Possible: Assign how many points your assessment is worth
- Visible to Students: Check Yes for students to be able to see their grade
- Permit Users to View this Content: Check Yes for all users to see this quiz
- Track Number of Views: Check Yes if you want to track how many times people have viewed the quiz
- Select Submit. This will take you back to the Content menu.
Choose the Session to Embed
Please note: If you copy a Blackboard course for any reason, you will have to relink the video sessions that you want embedded in the course.
- Click on the Assessment you just created then select the Panopto content
- You will be redirected through the LTI interface to the Panopto Embedded Uploader control to pick your session
- You will start in the folder for the course you are in but you can use the drop-down to select any folder
- Select Insert
- Once you have selected it, you will be redirected to an embedded interactive viewer window.
- Please note: Students must use the link in the Blackboard assignment in order for their grade to reported back to Blackboard
Viewing the Grades
- As an instructor of the course, you can view the grades by clicking on Grade Center, then Full Grade Center from the left-hand navigation
- A Grade Center column, with the same name as your Panopto Video assignment will automatically be created and will populate with students quiz test scores as they complete the quiz in the video