How to Hold an Online Class Session
Academic Affairs and Information Services are offering multiple opportunities and technologies for holding a live online class session.
- Blackboard Collaborate is a simple, convenient and reliable web conferencing solution that is available to all faculty and students through their Blackboard course. If you are teaching this term, you have a Blackboard (https://blackboard.bryant.edu) site with the Collaborate tool built in.
The CTE has created a support page for Blackboard Collaborate which can be accessed here, and see also Blackboard’s site at https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra. These pages contain all the information you need to get Collaborate up and running in your course, including an overview of the interface, details on how to share PowerPoint slides, and execute live presentations using audio and video.
- ZOOM is an online conferencing tool offering audio and video communications, screen sharing, and other collaboration tools. Bryant will be offering a limited number of licenses to faculty who would like to use ZOOM in addition to/in place of Collaborate. If you would like to use ZOOM in one of your classes, email email@example.com with the (1) course name, and (b) Number of students. Online training resources for Zoom are available as follows:
- Zoom live Education specific training sessions held twice a week – zoom.us/livetrainings.
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- Zoom Help Center – search ANY topic
- 24/7 Customer Support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-Technical-Support
We are also offering 4 training sessions this week on Collaborate and, based on interest and demand, ZOOM. . These training sessions will be recorded and will be made available on the above mentioned support page by end of day Friday, the 6th. These sessions will be held in person as indicated, but you may also join via ZOOM as described below.
- Thurs., March 5th at 10AM – Gulski Conference Room, Please Register Here
- Thurs., March 5th at 2PM – UNI M40, Please Register Here
- Fri., March 6th and 9AM – Gulski Conference Room, Please Register Here
- Fri., March 6th at 12PM – Gulski Conference Room, Please Register Here
All training sessions can be accessed using the following information.
Topic: Online Teaching Training Session
Meeting ID: 460 536 2726
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,4605362726# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,4605362726# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org