3/21/2020 Updates to our Transition to Online Teaching Project
- Adding your ZOOM meeting room link to Blackboard
- How to pre-assign students to ZOOM Breakout Rooms
- How to track attendance in ZOOM sessions and Blackboard Collaborate meetings
Blackboard: A reminder of the 24×7 services available to all students and faculty:
- By phone: 877-889-7773
- By email: email@example.com
- By web chat: https://chat.edusupportcenter.com/chat/websiteChat?short_name=bryant&key=bryant2217
ZOOM: Any faculty or student who needs ZOOM can login with their Bryant credentials at https://bryant.zoom.us/. You will be given a basic license initially (limited in meeting duration and participants), which faculty can upgrade to a Pro license by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that a license is needed to schedule and host ZOOM meetings; participants do not need a license to join a meeting.
ZOOM Training can also be found at the following.
- Zoom Live Training Sessions (held twice a week)
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- Zoom Help Center – search ANY topic
- Zoom 24/7 Customer Support
Online Courses for Faculty and Students
The Bryant Online Learning Team has made available two courses to help faculty and students transition to the online environment. All faculty are enrolled in Teaching Online in a Pinch, developed by Bryant’s Online Learning Team and located in each faculty member’s Blackboard course list. This site also contains a faculty -wide discussion board where faculty are sharing their progress and ideas as they transition their courses.
Once students login to Blackboard they will see a new course in their list, Learning Online in a Pinch. Here they will find a self paced module full of strategies for success in this modality, resources from ACE, the library, and Laptop Central, and links to other helpful websites and printable guides. All faculty are asked to make sure that their students access and make use of this important resource.
A cohort of Bryant faculty are enrolled in the year-long ACUE Course in Effective Teaching Practices. ACUE also offers a free online short course – https://acue.org/online-teaching-toolkit/ to provide faculty with strategies and methods for effective online teaching.
Secure Online Exams
Bryant has secured licenses for Respondus Monitor, an automated proctoring system for online exams. It works in conjunction with Respondus LockDown Browser. Respondus offers daily online webinars for training, see https://web.respondus.com/webinars/. Respondus offers resources at https://web.respondus.com/he/monitor/resources/.
- Bryant Information Services has created a comprehensive collection of support resources for working off-campus: https://is.bryant.edu/support/teaching-learning-and-working-remotely
- A new “Online Quick Guide” has been added at https://cte.bryant.edu/online-quick-guide/
- Individual consultations are available with Bonnie Budd, Michael Bennett, Ed Kairiss, Stephen Payne, and Matt Kreimeier.
- See the new FAQ here.
- The above information is also referenced at http://cte.bryant.edu/continuity